Q. How do I request a book or article from another library?
To request a book or article from another library, also known as interlibrary loan, you can do so by looking the item up in the Discovery Catalog and use the Request Interlibrary Loan option.
Requesting from within Discovery Catalog.
To request an item not owned by FDU from the Discovery catalog:
- You will need to first sign in to the Discovery Catalog. This option can be found in the upper right of any Discovery page. Select "Login with an FDU NetID and Password".
- Search for the item you are looking for or if you already found an item we do not own click on the record.
- Scroll down to Check Availability.
- Select Request Interlibrary Loan.
- Fill out the form. Make sure to include your name, patron ID, and email address, as well as the date you would like us to stop trying to get the item for you.
Requested articles will be emailed to you. Requested books will be sent to your chosen library.